Shop Philosophy Facebook Collection Blog

Friday, October 29, 2010

HOPEstreet






For awhile now we have been searching for a charity to donate 20 percent of our profits to. We researched into lots of

amazing charities but we kept searching.....

hoping to find something that aligned perfectly with 
our
personal beliefs 
and passions.

HOPEstreet is an organization that cares for some of the most marginalized people in Sydney.
















We think the world of this organization 
and commend HOPEstreet for the way it utilises 
creative arts
to empower people. 


An upcoming HOPEstreet event that we are particularly excited about is their annual 
ART Exhibition.
                              

This year 
as we saw it 
is running from Nov 9th to the 23rd at 182 Campbell Street, Darlinghurst.

We wanted to share with you a story about their art space found on the HOPEstreet website:





"HopeStreet’s Art Space is much MORE than just a space for art. For Tina, who has been coming to the Art Space for almost 10 years, it is a place to, “come and escape the pain”.
 Tina worked in ‘sweat shops’ in Vietnam and Australia for most of her life, and as a result suffers from rheumatoid arthritis. “When I stay at home, I feel constant pain but when I come here I can paint and forget about everything. Painting helps my arthritis because I can move my hands. My doctor says it is very good for me. I can talk to my friends here. Everyone is so nice. 
I would like to stay here always”.
 
Tina’s experience is shared by other artists who frequent the space; stories and ideas are shared, tips and techniques discussed, trust and friendships are developed. And art is the catalyst that makes it all happen." 





Tina’s art as well as many others will be on display...  we really hope you all can join us there. For more information check out HOPEstreet’s website http://www.hopestreet.org.au


LOVE Ella and Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment